Abbott Vital AF 1.2 Cal Tube Feeding Formula is an advanced formula therapeutic elemental nutrition with a specialized formula to manage inflammation and symptoms of GI intolerance. It promotes tolerance by using well-tolerated and well-absorbed fats from fish oil to get the best absorption of important fatty acids. Refined fish oil Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) help regulate inflammation and is important to boost the immune system.
Tube Feeding Formula Features:
- Suitable for lactose intolerance.
- Hydrolyzed peptide-based protein system.
- Medium-chain triglyeride/fish oil structured lipid, a well-tolerated1,2 and absorbed1 next-generation fat to promote absorption of fatty acids.
- 1.2 g of NutraFlora scFOS/8 fl oz (5.1 g/L). scFOS are prebiotic fibers that stimulate the growth of beneficial bacteria in the colon.3,4,5
- Omega-3 fatty acids EPA (2.7 g/L) and DHA (1.1 g/L) from fish oil help modulate inflammation and support immune function.6,7
- 75 g/L protein to meet the increased protein needs of stressed patients (greater than or equal to 1.2 g/kg) and support healing.8
- 1500 Calories (1250 mL) provide at least 100% of the RDIs for 25 essential vitamins and minerals.
- 25.8 mcg/L vitamin D to help meet the increased vitamin D needs of critically ill patients.9,10
- Contains elevated levels of antioxidants vitamins C and E and selenium to help reduce free radical damage.11,12
1.2 Cal Formula Specifications:
|Brand||Vital AF 1.2 Cal|
|Application||Tube Feeding Formula|
|Calories per Serving||1200 Calories|
|Preparation||Ready to Hang|
|Serving Size||33.8 oz. Serving Size|
- Water, Corn Maltodextrin, Whey Protein Hydrolysate, Hydrolyzed Sodium Caseinate, Structured Lipid (Interesterified Marine Oil [Contains One or More of the Following: Anchovy, Menhaden, Salmon, Sardine, Tuna], Medium-Chain Triglycerides), Medium Chain Triglycerides. Less than 1% of Canola Oil, Soy Oil, Short-chain Fructooligosaccharides, Natural & Artificial Flavor, Cellulose Gel, DATEM, Magnesium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Phosphate, Potassium Citrate, Ascorbic Acid, Choline Chloride, Potassium Hydroxide, Magnesium Chloride, Acesulfame Potassium, Carrageenan, Cellulose Gum, Sucralose, L-Carnitine, Taurine, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacinamide, d-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Copper Sulfate, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Palmitate, Folic Acid, Chromium Chloride, Sodium Molybdate, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenate, Phylloquinone, Biotin, Vitamin B12, and Vitamin D3.
RN: 023305S00495H02, MMS: 822529, MLK: ABT62715, MFG: 62715