Se Habla Español Free Shipping on Orders Over $99
A glucose meter also refers to as a glucometer, is a compact, portable medical tool. It is useful to assess the level of glucose in a person’s blood. In this process, a finger is pricked with a lancet and a drop of blood is placed on a disposable test strip. Then it inserts into the glucometer. They are frequently used by medical experts and by people who have diabetes or hypoglycemia. Diabetes care kits, blood glucose monitoring systems, blood glucose monitoring kits, diabetic meters, diabetic glucose monitors, and blood glucose testing systems are among the diabetic test kits and cholesterol test kits offered by Riteway Medical.
Features of Glucose Meters
- The majority of glucose meters are simple to use. Also, they come in a range of sizes, designs, and combinations. Moreover, these better suit your individual needs for blood sugar monitoring.
- Several meters offer readings that are plasma-equivalent. Even though most at-home glucometers measure the glucose in whole blood as opposed to laboratory testing. This analyzes the glucose level in blood plasma. So, this feature makes it simpler for you to compare the findings of your home glucometer test with those from your lab blood sugar test.
- The glucometer’s no-code or coding set is a different factor to look into. Because no-code meters automatically conduct this process for you. Also, this eliminates errors. And some meters need manual coding to match or calibrate the testing strips.
- The lancet / needle designs and blood volume requirements for the test sample may range from .5 mL to 1 mL depending on the meter. The carefully created diabetic test strips often include specific chemicals. And that reacts with blood glucose. Also, these are compatible with the specific glucometer that you are using.
- While some glucose meters employ plastic test strips, others can use multiple-testing drums, cartridges, or discs. Each individual strip is only used. Then discard it.
Some More Features of Glucose Meters
- Almost every glucometer has a clock and memory for keeping track of previous test results. Thus, this will be a huge help in recording your daily testing accurately. Moreover, this will enable you and your doctor to recognize patterns and changes in your blood sugar levels over the course of several weeks or months.
- For people who have trouble reading the screen, certain versions come with a voice readout feature.
- Other glucometers may include everything you need for monitoring your blood sugar right away. These include test strips and a control solution. Because the control solution contains a predetermined amount of glucose, you can be confident that the meter is collecting accurate readings if the result is within an acceptable range.
A wide range of high-quality glucose meters is available from reputable brands such as Abbott, MHC Medical, and One Touch at RitewayMed.com.